- Ascertain and assess soil fertility.
- Ecological soil assessment and soil analysis.
- Analyze and assess soils, composts, manure, plants, water, fertilizers, etc…
- Develop and validate methods of soil analytics.
- Soil mapping, soil probing, soil state inventories.
In the year 2007 the company was founded as a technical bureau by Hans Unterfrauner and developed into a GmbH in February 2015. Before that DI Unterfrauner worked for many years at the department of Forest- and Soil Sciences (Institute of Soil Research) at the University of Natural Resources and Live Sciences (BOKU), for the ÖKO-Datenservice GmbH and BoWaSan (research department of the company Bodenkalk e.Gen.).
As a member of the committee of Austrian Standards (ÖNORM) for the section „Boden als Pflanzenstandort“ and the working group „Bodenchemie“, the Austrian Soil Science Society (ÖBG) and the Alliance for Life Sciences, Food, Veterinary Expertise and Agriculture (ALVA) the bureau is very well networked. Since 2007 DI Unterfrauner is a lecturer at the University of Vienna in the fields of Soil Ecology and Soil Geography.
Focus of our Work
- Recommend specific measures for management, maintenance, tillage, cultivation, melioration as well as for fertilizing strategies and preservation of soil fertility.
- Recultivation and rehabilitation of soils.
- Ascertain the interdependent relationships of biotic and abiotic factors among themselves and adjacent systems.
- Ascertain and assess cycles of materials and soil functions.
- Info-events, presentations, seminars, excursions, publications, etc. for kids, pupils, students, adults.
- Info-events, presentations, seminars, excursions, publications, etc. for organizations, associations, advocacy groups.
- Supervision of diploma theses and master theses.
- Agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry, grassland, pastures, orcharding, viticulture, vegetables, herbs, special crops, horticulture, roadside vegetation, protected areas, mountain pastures, alpine regions, floodplains, forest, waste management, dangerous waste, contaminated sites, landfill cover, greening, golf courses, sports areas.
- Creating and describing of soil profiles, field soil science.
- Planning / management / implementation / evaluation of experiments, studies and projects.
- Planning / management resp. professional cooperation of/at projects and studies within interdisciplinary research.
- Projects on the subject of landscape ecology, landscape design, landscape conservation, spatial planning, zoning, vegetation ecology, flood protection, etc…
- Cooperation for environmental impact assessments (EIA’s).